Read time. 1 minute 22 seconds
“Self-care” is kind of an overused term.
So, let’s break it down.
Think of self-care as just a blanket term for all the things you do for yourself.
Self-care takes time. Not everyone knows how to fit an hour of their time into everyday life. Let’s
cover 20 ways we can care about ourselves this week.
1. Laugh. Watch something funny on Youtube, listen to some comedy stand-up podcasts.
Get really lost in just laughing. It’s a super quick fix because your brain is going to
release all those feel good juices.
2. If you’re going through something difficult, just respond. Don’t react to what’s happening.
3. Go to sleep. Right now. I guarantee you’re not getting enough sleep.
4. Watch a movie.
5. Tell a joke.
6. Walk a dog.
7. Tell yourself something nice.
8. Leave work stuff alone. Even if it should be done.
9. Forgive yourself.
10. Help someone else.
11. Try a new hobby.
12. Go through your email and unsubscribe.
13. Do one thing that you’ve been putting off but need to get done.
14. Text someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
15. Cook something.
16. Do something difficult.
17. Be grateful.
18. Give up one thing that’s painful.
19. Think of something happy.
20. Don’t do anything for 5 minutes.
These are just 20 out of millions of ways we can care for ourselves. Go get a manicure, wash
your face, take a hot shower. The list is endless. But, you NEED to put yourself first, before you
make yourself sick because of it.
What are some ways you practice self-care? If you find you don’t have time to fit in self-care,
send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you out!