Read Time: 3 minutes 29 seconds
This month is all about your goals and dreams. We’re so happy for you!
But, most of us get stuck, or overwhelmed when it comes to living our passions. Life gets in the way and you might take a step back, then just stop working towards your goals all together.
LET’S STOP PROCRASTINATING AND START TAKING ACTION.
Here are your 12 steps for getting back on track, or even getting started if you’ve been putting off everything!
- Bite the elephant...or whatever they say
- Every morning when you wake up, do the hardest thing first. Did you commit to doing Yoga everyday for 60 days? Get up and just do it. Jump into our VIP Community over on Facebook to see if others are doing the same thing as you, and you can keep each other accountable!
- Take responsibility
- Yes, you’ve been putting off getting started or you’ve gone off track. Don’t blame other people for that. Not the kids, not your job, not your partner. Take accountability for your actions (or inaction) and decide to do something about it.
- Be okay with minor setbacks, but don’t let them derail you.
- Let’s just stick with our Daily Yoga example. We don’t wake up everyday ready to challenge ourselves. If you are having a hard time one particular morning, improvise. Stretch for a couple minutes in your bed, or while you shower even! Do one small action that is similar to the big action goal. Don’t make a habit of this, but if you’re having a hard time feeling motivated, improvise.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself
- Don’t push yourself to a limit that you physically and mentally cannot withstand for a long period of time. Slow and steady wins the race.
- Focus, Focus, Focus
- Keep telling yourself what you’re doing this for. “I’m doing Yoga every day because I want my muscles and joints to be as healthy as possible.” As an example. When you bring yourself back to why you got started in the first place, you’ll be more motivated to continue.
- Use the buddy system!
- When you surround yourself with like minded people, you’re more likely to continue doing what you need to do! If you have some negative people in your life that aren’t supportive of you and your goals and action plans, spend less time with them and more time finding people who share a similar interest.
- Take. The. Break.
- We all have the habit of working until the job is complete. You cannot do that with your goals. You’ll find yourself burnt out before you’re even halfway there! Tell yourself you will work on your goals for an hour a day. After that hour is up RELAX. Just. Relax. Put as much effort into caring for yourself and your mental health as you do working towards your goals. We aren’t about hustle culture here.
- Stop negative thinking before it spreads.
- Do you often find yourself with negative thoughts that take you off focus? Remind yourself why this matters. Do one SMALL thing today to keep you on track and celebrate what you did.
- Stop worrying what others think
- Truthfully, people mostly care when things are going as bad for you as it is for them. When you start talking more positively around negative people, they might not accept this and try to bring you back down with them. Focus on your end goal, not other people’s expectations.
- Get inspired
- Listen to what other people who are going for a similar goal as you have to say. Watch positive stories and videos. Get a pep talk from a friend.
- Stay excited.
- Not all processes of your action plan are going to be exciting. Find ways to make them exciting.
- Celebrate YOU!
- Don’t forget to celebrate every small step and every accomplished goal. Take yourself out to eat, watch your favorite movie. Whatever it is that you want to do, do it! Then, set the next goal and do it again!
If you want to be part of a focused workshop designed to help you achieve your most important goal within 100 days, click HERE to register now! Summit begins in April. Date TBA!